CAULIFLOWER HOT WINGS
These vegan cauliflower hot wings with vegan aioli are the perfect comfort food! They’re so tangy, spicy, and incredibly comforting. And they’re also a lot healthier than chicken wings! We’ve made them so many times and they’re always a real crowd-pleaser!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (or chickpea flour for a gluten-free version)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond or soy milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika powder
- black pepper
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (omit for a gluten-free version)
- 1 cup spicy BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (optional)
- 2 green onions, cut into rings
- Heat the oven to 350 °F.
- Carefully cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, the plant-based milk, the water, the garlic power, the paprika powder, the salt, and the black pepper. Stir until well combined. For a gluten-free version substitute the all-purpose flour with chickpea flour (also omit the water if using chickpea flour).
- Dip the florets into the batter, so they’re completely coated.
- Roll them in the panko breadcrumbs. Omit this step for a gluten-free version. However, they’re way crispier with the panko breadcrumb coating.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the cauliflower florets on the baking sheet. Don’t put them on top of each other. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 °F.
- Transfer the cooked cauliflower wings to a bowl. Combine the BBQ sauce with a teaspoon sriracha sauce and pour it over the baked cauliflower wings. Evenly coat them from all sides by stirring them a few times.
- Put the coated hot wings back on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake again for 20 minutes at 350 °F.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle with the green onions and serve with vegan aioli or vegan ranch sauce. Enjoy!