Chicken Chow Mein
This chow mein is just like what you get at your favorite Chinese restaurant! It's made with tender noodles, fresh sauteed veggies, lean chicken, and a simple savory sauce. A crave-worthy dinner!
- 1 lb refrigerated yakisoba or chow mein noodles*
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts**, sliced into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery (3 stalks)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions (about 5)
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce,
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce*** (or more to taste)
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Prepare noodles according to directions on package.
- In a bowl whisk together soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and sesame oil, set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large and deep non-stick skillet over moderately high heat.
- Add chicken (working to leave a little space between pieces so they'll brown) and cook 3 - 4 minutes, turn and continue to cook until cooked through, about 2 - 3 minutes longer. Transfer to a plate or sheet of foil.
- Reduce heat slightly add remaining 1 Tbsp oil in skillet, add celery and saute 3 minutes.
- Add cabbage and saute 2 minutes, then add carrots, green onions, garlic and ginger and saute 1 - 2 minutes longer, until veggies are all crisp tender.
- Toss in noodles and chicken then pour soy sauce mixture over top and toss to coat. Serve warm.