No Bake Strawberry Heaven Cake
a quick and easy dessert that you can take on your next picnic or to your family reunion or BBQ.
- 1 14 ounce Angel food cake cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 16 ounce Cool Whip thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 quart fresh strawberries sliced
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 3 ounce strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- Place water, 1/2 cup of sugar, cornstarch, and jello into a small saucepan, and whisk until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Heat over medium heat until glaze is thickened and clear.
- Set aside to cool slightly, and stir in sliced strawberries.
- Cut angel food cake into 1 inch pieces and toss with 2 cups of the Cool Whip. Press into 9×13 inch glass pan.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup remaining sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in remaining Cool Whip and spread evenly over cake layer.
- Pour cooled strawberry mixture over cream cheese layer, spreading to cover cake evenly.
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours before serving.