VEGAN GARLIC PASTA WITH ROASTED CAJUN CAULIFLOWER
Vegan Garlic Pasta with Roasted Cajun Cauliflower. Cauliflower is tossed in homemade Cajun spice blend and baked, then served over easy creamy Garlic sauce Penne Pasta. Vegan Garlic Pasta Recipe. Can be Nut-free gluten-free.
- 1 small head of cauliflower cut into florets 3 heaping cups
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 tsp paprika (I use 1 tsp sweet mild paprika and 1 tsp smoked hot paprika)
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) or more cayenne
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) red pepper flakes or use more smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) onion powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt ( 1/4 to 1/2 tsp to preference)
Garlic Sauce Pasta:
- 8 oz penne glutenfree if needed
- 2 tsp olive oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups (473.18 ml) unsweetened non dairy milk such as almond milk or soymilk or use cashew milk for creamier
- 1 tbsp flour or use rice flour to make gluten-free
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 10 cloves of roasted garlic
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) to 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) or more dried thyme ,+ generous dashes of other herbs such as basil, sage, oregano
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp (0.5 tsp) or more salt
- chopped basil or parsley for garnish
- black pepper or cayenne and lemon juice for garnish
- Cajun Cauliflower:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Add the Cauliflower florets to a large bowl. Drizzle oil and mix using a spatula or rub it in using hands.
- In a small bowl, mix the ingredients under cajun spice blend. Add a bit more paprika if using mild. Sprinkle all over the cauliflower florets and toss to coat. (use 1.5 tbsp or more of premade cajun blend).
- Bake for 25 to 30 mins.
- Garlic Pasta:
- Make the pasta according to instructions on the package, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium low heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile blend the rest of the ingredients (except garnish) until smooth. Add to the pan. Increase heat to medium.
- Bring the sauce to a boil stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust salt and flavor carefully. Simmer for another 2 minutes. You can add in some cajun blend to the sauce as well for additional flavor. Fold in the pasta. Take off heat, cover and let sit for 2 minutes.
- To serve, add warm baked Cajun Cauliflower on top. Garnish with chopped parsley or basil, some cayenne/pepper and lemon juice.