Best Portobello Steaks
Best Portobello Steaks which are flavorful, hearty, and perfect for the grilling season! These grilled mushrooms are vegan, gluten-free, low-carb, and easy to make with only a few ingredients! Enjoy this hearty dish with potato salad.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (stems removed, wiped clean)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/3 tsp cumin
- 1/3 tsp smoked paprika
- Black pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a baking dish whisk together balsamic vinegar, oil, soy sauce, garlic, and all spices.
- Add portobello mushrooms, use a brush to brush with the marinade on all sides.
- Marinate for at least 10-15 minutes (the longer the better). In the meantime, you can prep your favorite side dish.
- Heat a grill or skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Cook the portobello mushrooms on each side for about 4-5 minutes or until deep golden brown. Brush with the remaining marinade while cooking.
- I served them with homemade vegan potato salad (click for the recipe). Enjoy!