Best Vegan White Mac and Cheese
Creamy and comforting - this is hands down the Best Vegan White Mac and Cheese! This only takes 20 minutes to put together and is a crowd pleaser!
- 16 oz dry pasta
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups non-dairy milk unsweetened
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional Toppings parmesan, tabasco, parsley, red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions. Drain and place pot back on the stove over medium-low heat.
- Add butter to the pan. Once butter has melted, add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add flour and whisk until smooth and bubbly.
- Stir in milk 1/2 cup at a time, whisking constantly. Once heated through and thickened, add cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Add parmesan, white pepper, ground mustard, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt, pepper and tabasco. Stir to combine and taste sauce. Adjust seasoning as needed.*
- Add pasta to sauce and stir to combine.
- Serve with any of the optional toppings and enjoy!