Blueberry Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
These blueberry cupcakes with lemon cream cheese frosting are so quick and easy to make, not to mention delicious!
- 1 box yellow cake mix you can even use white cake mix, but this is what I had on hand
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup full fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- Lemon Buttercream:
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 package 8 ounce cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Extra blueberries for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350 F (176 C) and line pans with cupcakes liners.
- For the Cupcakes
- Place the cake mix into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl combine the eggs, oil, yogurt and buttermilk. Using a hand mixer beat until fully incorporated.
- Add the cake mix and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Gently fold in the blueberries by hand.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely at room temperature.
- For the Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in lemon juice.
- Add the icing sugar a little at a time and beat until you reach the desired consistency.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with fresh berries.