Chimichurri Steak is the dinner recipe you want to make if you’re looking for a perfectly cook steak smothered in a fresh and flavorful garlic herb sauce!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves packed, stems removed (this was about 0.5 ounces)
- 1/4 cup oregano leaves packed
- 1 cup Italian parsley leaves packed, stems removed (I used an entire bunch)
- 2 pounds rib eye steak can use Flat Iron or Flank steak too
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Get Ingredients Powered by Chicory
To make Chimichurri sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a large food processor or blender. Pulse until a pesto-like thick sauce forms. Scrape sides as needed to fully mix all ingredients.
- Store leftovers in airtight container in the refrigerator. Will last several days without browning.
To make steak:
- Allow steaks to reach room temperature.
- Coat both sides of steak with salt and pepper. Heat grill pan to high heat and add olive oil.
- pan seared rib eye steak
- Cook steaks, turning only once, until browned on each side and internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F (for medium rare) or 155 degrees F (for medium). Remove from pan and allow to rest at least 5 minutes before slicing into thin strips, against the grain.
- To serve, top with Chimichurri sauce.