Creamy Pesto Sauce Chicken Lasagna Rollups with Garlic Basil Sauce
I have a love for pesto sauce and thankfully I’ve passed that love onto my chicken. Friends these Creamy Pesto Sauce Chicken Lasagna Rollups are SO good and topped with the Garlic Basil Sauce they are downright amazing. I love that you can make it easily for a weeknight dinner and it’s great with leftover chicken.
- 1 box of Lasagna Noodles
- 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup Pesto Sauce
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts cooked and shredded (great with leftover chicken)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup basil chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot to a rapid bowl, add 1 teaspoon of salt and the lasagna noodles. Cook until al dente - usually about 7-8 minutes.
- In a saucepan combine the can of cream of chicken soup and the pesto sauce. Stir until it's warmed.
- Once noodles are cooked, drain and lay on a flat surface (I put aluminum foil underneath). Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the pesto sauce on each noodle and spread over the noodle. Sprinkle the cooked chicken on top.
- Starting at one end of the noodle, roll up the lasagna noodle. Place seam down in a baking dish that you've poured the remainder of the pesto sauce into. Repeat until all the noodles are rolled up.
- In another saucepan melted your butter. Add the minced garlic and the flour. Cook over medium/low heat for about a minute while continually stirring. It will be a thick / paste like substance.
- Slowly pour in the milk, continuing to stir. Add the chopped basil, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Let it simmer on low for a couple minutes, stirring.
- Pour the Garlic / Basil sauce on top of the Pesto rollups. Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes.