Crock Pot Vegetarian White Bean Soup
My Vegetarian White Bean Soup simmers all day in the Crock Pot. The result is a simple, healthy and delicious meal for any day of the week.
- 3 15.5 oz cans white beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped celery about 2 stalks
- 1 cup chopped yellow or sweet onion about 1/2 onion
- 1 cup carrot rounds 1-2 carrots
- 1-2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 32 oz low sodium high quality vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste***
- 1/2-1 teaspoon pepper to taste
- garnish: parmesan cheese and sliced green onions
- Put all ingredients in a crock pot and turn to low. Cook for 8-10 hours or until all ingredients are soft and well combined. You can also cook for 4-6 hours on high. The carrots will take the longest to cook. Once they are soft the soup is done.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.
- Garnish with green onions and parmesan.