DIRT CAKE RECIPE
This is quite literally the best Dirt Cake recipe on the internet. In just 15 minutes you can make this delicious dessert with yummy chocolate and cream OREO cookies layered with a rich, creamy custard.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 packages French Vanilla Jello INSTANT Pudding
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 8 oz container of Cool Whip
- 1 family size (1 lb 3 oz) package OREOS cookies
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar in a large bowl until just blended. Do not over mix.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together pudding mix, milk, and Cool Whip.
- Add pudding mixture to the cream cheese mixture and mix until uniform.
- Crush Oreos into fine crumbs using a food processor or blender.
- Use a ladle to scoop about 1-1 1/4 cups pudding mix into the center of a trifle dish. Push to the edges with the back of a spoon.
- Use a large spoon to cover pudding with about 1/4 inch of OREO crumbs.
- Repeat layers until done, about 4 layers of each. Tap final OREO layer into the top of the dirt cake with the back of a spoon.
- For best results, chill at least two hours before serving.