EASY BALSAMIC GRILLED VEGETABLES WITH FETA
Summer's best produce is marinated in a sweet and tangy sauce then grilled to perfection and topped with fresh goat cheese.
For the marinade:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Kosher salt, to taste
- A few turns of fresh cracked pepper
- 2 sweet bell peppers (red, orange, or yellow), sliced
- 2 yellow squash, sliced into rounds
- 2 zucchini, sliced in rounds
- 1 small onion (I prefer red, but anything works), sliced thin
- 1 lb. asparagus stalks, chopped into 3 inch stalks
- 4 ounces goat cheese or feta cheese (optional)
- 2 additional Tablespoons high quality balsamic vinegar or balsamic reduction, if desired
- In a measuring cup, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the marinade over the vegetables and allow to sit for at least 15 minutes or place in the fridge and marinate several hours.
- Heat the grill over medium high heat. Spread the vegetables out over a vegetable basket, cast iron griddle, or heavy duty foil on the grill. Grill for 4-5 minutes or until veggies are starting to brown and caramelize on one side. Flip and grill an additional 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Remove from the grill. Drizzle with a few more Tablespoons of high quality balsamic and chunks of goat cheese.