Easy Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole
Like Mexican food? Then you've gotta try this Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole! Full of classic Mexican flavors in an easy weeknight package!
- 1 1/2 cups rice uncooked
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth
- 16 oz refried beans
- 3 cups cubed or shredded chicken I used a Rotisserie chicken
- 10 oz enchilada sauce
- 10.75 oz cream of chicken soup
- 4 oz chopped green chiles
- 1 black beans , rinsed and drained thoroughly
- 8 oz cream cheese , cut into small cubes
- 3 green onions , thinly sliced
- 12 oz shredded cheese , divided (I used a Mexican blend)
- Prepare rice according to package instructions, replacing the water with the chicken stock.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and spread the refried beans on the bottom of the dish.
- Combine rice, chicken, enchilada sauce, cream of chicken soup, green chiles, black beans, cream cheese, green onions and 8 oz of the shredded cheese in a large bowl. Spread on top of the refried beans.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle on the remaining cheese. Return the casserole to the oven and continue baking until the cheese is completely melted, about another 7-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.