EVOLVED LENTIL WRAPS
Some of the links in this post might be affiliate links. This means that if you click on the link and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission – at no extra cost for you, which helps me cover the costs for this blog.
- 1 cup green or red lentils (red might get a little mushy) - soaked overnight
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp hot paprika
- 5 basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- a few pinches of salt
- some olive oil (1-2 Tbsp)
- 1 cucumber
- ½ cup arugula (chopped)
- ½ avocado
- 1 small pepper (green or red)
- 5 olives
- small bundle dill (optional)
- small bundle cilantro (optional)
- small bundle parsley
- 1 fresh onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- ½ cup yoghurt
- small bundle of dill
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 tortillas / if you can find whole-grain/gluten-free use those!
- For vegan version use: avocado dill sauce, my vegan paleo tzatziki or my spicy vegan cream cheese
- Chop all vegetables for the lentil filling – onion, basil leaves, parsley. Peel garlic and smash it.
- In large pan with a lid cook lentils with a few pinches of salt at medium high heat, just covered with water for 5-10 minutes (lid covered). Depending on the type of lentils cooking might take longer. Red lentils cook faster, but if you overcook them get very mushy (though still super tasty). Add water if needed. When they’re done, remove water (if any) by rinsing the lentils. I usually just wait until water is almost evaporated. Then still at medium-high, add olive oil, smashed garlic, chopped onion and hot pepper powder. Stir for for 2-3 minutes, turn off heat, add basil and parsley and stir well, leave on the stove covered with a lid.
- In the mean time make the salad. Chop all vegetables small – place in a big bowl, add olive oil and salt to taste – ready.
- For the yoghurt sauce – combine yoghurt, smashed garlic and chopped dill and salt to taste.
- Then assemble your tortilla – any way you want. I put around 2 tbsp of lentil filling, 2-3 tbsp salad and 2 tbsp of yoghurt with 1 tbsp of avocado dill dip.