German Chocolate Upside-Down Cake
German Chocolate Upside Down Cake is a very quick and easy cake to make using a box of German Chocolate cake mix.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut, divided
- 1 box German Chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients listed on box
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- whipped cream for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease the sides of a 9x13-inch pan.
- Evenly pour melted butter into pan. Sprinkle brown sugar, pecans, and half of coconut on bottom of pan.
- Make cake batter according to package directions, adding remaining coconut to batter.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Using electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and softened butter. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar.
- Drop cream cheese mixture by spoonfuls onto top of batter.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.