GRILLED HULI HULI CHICKEN
Grilled Huli Huli Chicken - DANGEROUSLY good!!! Chicken thighs marinated in brown sugar, soy sauce, ketchup, sherry, ginger, and garlic. Let the chicken marinate all day and grill. We ate this twice in one week. It was seriously delicious!! Can use chicken breasts or tenders instead of thighs.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp ketchup
- 6 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2-1/2 Tbsp sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp 1/2 tsp dried ginger
- 1-1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2.5 pounds)
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate.
- Pour marinade over chicken and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. (I put the chicken and marinade in a gallon ziplock bag)
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill until done, approximately 12 to 15 minutes. Baste chicken with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking.