MUSHROOM GNOCCHI WITH BROCCOLI
These creamy mushroom gnocchi with broccoli make such an easy, comforting, and delicious dinner! They're vegan and ready in only 15 minutes!
For the mushroom gnocchi:
- 1 17.6 oz package store-bought gnocchi make sure to choose a vegan brand!
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 9 oz white button or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- chopped fresh parsley, to serve
For the vegan cream sauce:
- 1/2 cup cashews (unsalted and not roasted)
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons white or yellow miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- black pepper
- Cook the gnocchi according to the instructions on the package together with the broccoli florets. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat some oil and sauté the mushrooms for about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Now make the sauce. Add all ingredients in a high speed blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into the pot you used for the mushrooms and heat for about 2 minutes until it considerably thickens up.
- Add the gnocchi, the broccoli, and the mushrooms. Stir well and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!