One Pan Roasted Lemon Pepper Salmon and Garlic Parmesan Asparagus
This is one of the easiest dinners you can make! A side of salmon is seasoned with lemon, pepper and garlic and baked along with a side of parmesan asparagus. Such a tasty one pan dinner!
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon , skin on*
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic , minced, divided
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp each salt and fresh cracked black pepper , plus more for asparagus
- 1/2 lemon , thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs asparagus (medium or thin spears), tough ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a rimmed 17 by 12-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Place salmon in center of pan (or see note below).
- In a mixing bowl whisk together 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, 2 cloves garlic, dijon, onion powder. Brush evenly over top of salmon then sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and pepper (add more pepper to taste if desired). Top with lemon slices.
- Toss asparagus with remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil, remaining 2 cloves garlic and season with salt, then place around salmon.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes. Remove from oven, toss asparagus then sprinkle asparagus with parmesan. Return to oven and bake until salmon has cooked through, about 5 - 10 minutes longer. Cut salmon into portions. Serve warm.
- *If fillet is wide, you can cut into 2 - 4 portions and place them near upper portion of the baking dish, then place asparagus on lower portion of baking dish.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy