One Pot Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole
This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is made all in ONE POT and ready in only 30 minutes. It's cheesy, it's comforting, loaded with broccoli and super simple to make!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 chicken breasts cut into small cubes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup rice uncooked
- 10 oz cream of chicken soup (1 can)
- 3 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add chopped onion and cubed chicken. Cook on medium heat for a few minutes until the chicken starts to brown a bit. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in garlic and cook for another 30 seconds until garlic gets aromatic.
- Add the rice, cream of chicken soup and chicken broth. Start with 2 cups of chicken broth and if more is needed add more until rice is fully cooked. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and cook over medium heat until the rice is fully cooked, stirring occasionally, should take about 15 minutes or so. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Add the broccoli florets and half the cheese then continue cooking for 2 more minutes, until broccoli softens a bit. Sprinkle over the top with remaining cheese and place the skillet under the broiler for a couple more minutes, just until it melts and starts to brown a bit.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.