PAN FRIED COD WITH MEUNIERE SAUCE
This Pan Fried Cod with Meuniere Sauce comes together in just 15 minutes! No gimmicks...it really is super simple. With just a few steps and your dinner is ready. And it will wow your kitchen patrons.
- 1 lbs Cod fish
- 2 tbs Cooking Oil for frying fish
- 4 tbsp Flour
- 2 Eggs beaten
- Salt & Pepper
- Capers to garnish
- Fresh Parsley to garnish
- Meuniere Sauce
- 4 tbsp Butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut your Cod into 2-3inch pieces, season them on both sides with salt and pepper;
- Coat a plate with flour, and on another plate put two beaten eggs;
- Heat up cooking oil in a skillet;
- Once the oil in your skillet is hot, drench cod fillets first in flour (shaking it off to remove excess flour) and then placing them into the egg wash. From there, straight into the pan. Let the filets cook undisturbed for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove and place onto a paper towel;
- In the meantime, using a light colored skillet, add butter and let it melt on low heat. Once melted, cook it for about 3 minutes until the butter browns and smells nutty (tip: the light colored skillet will let you see when the butter changes color). Immediately remove the butter from the skillet and add it to a small bowl. Let it cool off for a minute and then add fresh lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Place the fish on a serving dish or pan and drizzle the sauce over it. Finally, sprinkle with capers and freshly chopped parsley.