Potato Soup in the slow cooker or instant pot is the best way to make simple creamy potato soup, and with no milk or cream!
- 5 pounds russet potatoes washed but NOT peeled. Diced into 1/2 inch(ish) cubes
- 1 medium/large yellow onion diced
- 10 cloves of garlic minced
- 64 ounces 8 cups chicken stock or broth
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- optional garnishes: crumbled bacon shredded cheese, green onions
- Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning, and chicken stock to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
- Add the softened cream cheese and puree soup with an immersion blender until the cheese is incorporated and about half the soup is blended. (Alternately you could remove half the soup and the cream cheese to an upright blender, then re-incorporate).
- Stir well, top with your choice of garnishes & enjoy!
- Yields about 10-12 servings.