Roasted Ranch Potatoes with Bacon and Cheese
So, when I came across this recipe, it appealed to me in every way. I developed it into something kind of amazing and based on our preferences! It has become a real family favorite and is often even requested by relatives at family gatherings.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 pounds potatoes (unpeeled, washed and cut into chunks)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing (bottled, not packet)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus 1/4 - 1/2 cup more for topping
- 1/4 cup crumbled, cooked bacon
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 3 scallions, washed and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine (in a large bowl) the ranch dressing, dill, cheese and bacon. Add in the potatoes. Sprinkle in a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat potatoes.
- Spoon into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Stir gently halfway through to get the bottom potatoes rotated to ensure they don't become burnt and to ensure that the middle and top potatoes get a chance to brown.
- Remove foil. Raise oven temperature to 400 degrees. Gently stir again, as necessary.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, then sprinkle on additional cheese. Bake a few more minutes or until everything is gooey, browned and bubbly on top.
- Serve with scallions sprinkled on top for garnish.