Skillet Garlic-Parmesan Zucchini Squash and Tomatoes
This skillet sauteed zucchini, squash and tomatoes is a simple side dish that's the perfect accompaniment to your favorite summer meals. It's deliciously flavorful thanks to the garlic and parmesan flavors and it has such a fun colorful blend. A new summer staple!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 12 oz . zucchini (about 2 medium), diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 oz . yellow squash (about 2 medium), diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil and butter in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add in zucchini and squash and saute 2 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes then evenly sprinkle in Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and season with salt and pepper to taste (about 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper).
- Continue to saute, tossing occasionally, until squash is tender and tomatoes are beginning to burst, about 3 - 5 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle in half the parmesan and toss then sprinkle remaining parmesan over top. Serve warm.