Southwestern Pasta Salad (vegan)
This Southwestern Pasta salad with avocado, black beans, and lime dressing is one of my new favorites. It's not only super easy to make, but also healthy. It's a great addition to any BBQs and potlucks!
For the vegan Southwestern pasta salad:
- 12 oz farfalle pasta
- 1 heaped cup black beans (canned)
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into stripes
- 1 avocado, cut into medium-sized chunks
- 3 green onions, cut into rings
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
For the lime dressing:
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 splash agave
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Once cooked, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for the dressing. Add the ingredients for the pasta salad and stir well. Let the salad sit in the fridge for a couple of hours. Enjoy!