SPICY SHRIMP PHO
This Spicy Shrimp Pho is a twist on the traditional Vietnamese soup made with hot steaming chicken broth, shrimp, cilantro and fresh squeezed lime juice.
- 4 ounces whole wheat thin spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno minced
- 2 tablespoons green onion sliced thin
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup button mushrooms thinly sliced
- 12 ounces large shrimp uncooked
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- Cook spaghetti until aldente.
- Meanwhile add oil to a large pot or dutch oven.
- Add garlic, jalapeno and green onions. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock, fish sauce and sesame oil. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in mushrooms and shrimp. Simmer until the mushrooms are tender and the shrimp is fully cooked.
- Take off of the heat and stir in pepper, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Divide the noodles among the 4 bowls and pour the soup on top.
- Garnish with extra lime wedges and cilantro if desired.