Spinach Ricotta Brunch Bake
This Spinach Ricotta Brunch Bake recipe is the perfect casserole to make for your weekend brunch. This is a dish that can be made ahead and will surely impress your guests.
- 2 sheets puff pastry thawed
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- dash hot sauce optional
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 6 slices bacon cooked, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- Prepare the oven and baking pan: Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare the puff pastry: Carefully unfold the thawed puff pastry sheets. Roll one of them out to an 11″ square, then roll the other to a 12″ square. Use the 12″ sheet to line the bottom of your pan.
- Make the filling: Lightly beat the eggs and reserve 1 tbsp. Mix the rest of the eggs in with the ricotta, hot sauce, and spinach. Layer half of the ricotta mixture on the puff pastry in the pan, then half of each the bacon, cheese, and peppers. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake: Cover everything with the remaining puff pastry sheet and fold the edges in to secure the filling. Brush the pastry with your reserved tbsp of egg, and bake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Serve: Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then run a butter knife around the edges to loosen them. Cut into slices and serve.