Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole
Stuffed Bell Pepper Casserole – this deconstructed stuffed pepper recipe is a cheap and easy dinner that won’t break the budget!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ yellow onion
- 1 cup white rice (uncooked)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- 2 green bell peppers (diced into ½ inch pieces)
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1- 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes (drain excess liquid)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Do not overcook.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, grease a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large non-stick pan over medium heat, sauté onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Add ground beef to skillet. Sauté until fully cooked and no red remains.
- Add bell pepper. Sauté until pepper start to soften (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in garlic, salt, pepper, tomato paste, diced tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir in cooked rice.
- Immediately pour mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately!