The Best Damn Fettuccine Alfredo on Earth
This is how you make the best fettuccine alfredo ever! Now you have all my secrets and tips to make my absolute favorite dish. Enjoy!
- 1 lb fettuccine noodles
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 pint whipping cream (heavy or regular)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 6 oz shredded parmesan or 3 cheese blend (romano, asagio, and parmesan)
- 2 tbsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Cook fettuccine noodles according to package directions
- In a large sauce pan on medium heat, add garlic and melt butter.
- Pour in whipping cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add 1/2 shredded cheese and all the cream cheese into liquid and whisk consistently until the cheese is fully integrated.
- You'll know because your whisk won't have any cheese hanging off it.
- Add the other 1/2 of the shredded cheese and whisk consistently until the cheese is, again fully integrated.
- Turn heat down to low and let it sit for 10 mins to thicken. Stir occasionally.
- Add garlic salt and pepper to taste.