Vegan Alfredo Sauce
This vegan Alfredo sauce is the perfect comfort food! It's so incredibly creamy and rich without being packed with butter and cream like traditional Alfredo sauce. And it's super easy to make. 25 minutes is all you need!
- 2 heaped cups cauliflower
- 1/2 cup cashews (unsalted and not roasted)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk (add after cooking)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- freshly chopped parsley
- cooked fettuccine
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Place them in a sauce pan together with the cashews, the garlic, and the almond milk. Add the nutritional yeast. Stir everything with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes. There won't be much liquid left. Transfer everything into a high speed blender. Add the lemon juice, a pinch of nutmeg, apple cider vinegar, and 1/2 cup more unsweetened almond or soy milk as well as salt and pepper.
- Process until smooth. This should take about 30-60 seconds.
- Cook the fettuccine according to the instructions on the package. Set aside.
- Pour the blended sauce into a pan and cook for a minute. Then add the cooked fettuccine and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper again if you want.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley. Enjoy!