BEST DAMN INSTANT POT EGG BITES
This recipe for Instant Pot egg bites features gouda cheese, fire roasted red peppers and fresh spinach. The creamy, rich flavor is absolutely delicious and cooks to perfection in your Instant Pot. If you like the Starbucks sous vide eggbites, then you’re gonna love these!
- 4 eggs, large
- 3oz gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup fire roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- non-stick cooking spray
- Chop spinach and red peppers. Add a 1/2 tbs of butter to Instant Pot and set to “saute”. When hot, add spinach and red peppers and saute for 1 minute. Press cancel.
- Spray silicone egg bite mold with non-stick cooking spray and spoon red pepper and spinach mixture into each cup. Set aside.
- In a blender, blend the eggs, gouda cheese, cottage cheese, heavy cream, onion powder and salt for about 30 seconds.
- Pour egg batter into each egg bite cup about 3/4 full. When all are full, use a spoon to mix the batter with the spinach and red peppers a little more.
- Add 1 cup of water to Instant pot, cover egg bite mold with foil and place on trivet and lower into pot. Secure lid with seal closed and set to “steam” for 8 minutes. When cycle is complete, let naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest.
- Remove foil and let stand for 5-10 minutes to cool before removing and serving.