CHEESY BAKED ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE
This creamy, cheesy Baked Zucchini Casserole is made with fresh zucchini, rich cream, and lots of cheese! It is an easy zucchini bake recipe that everyone will love.
- 40 ounces (approximately) Zucchini, large, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 5 ounces Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 6 ounces Gruyere Cheese, grated and divided
- 4 ounces Parmesan Cheese, grated and divided
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a baking dish place the zucchini slices in rows one on top of another until the dish is filled. Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the zucchini and set dish aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes until it begins to soften. Then add garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Pour the heavy cream into the pan stirring until it begins to bubble.
- Add 2 ounces of Parmesan cheese and 4 ounces of Gruyere cheese to the heavy cream, onions, and garlic. Stir together until the cheese melts.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the zucchini spreading it evenly over the zucchini.
- Cover the casserole dish with foil and place in the oven and bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes. Then remove the foil, top with the remaining Gruyere and Parmesan cheese and bake for 5 minutes more or until the cheese is melted and bubbling and the zucchini is tender.
- Remove from oven and serve.