Gluten Free, Vegan Snickerdoodles
Gluten free, vegan snickerdoodles use bananas, oat flour, apple sauce and other delicious ingredients to keep this snickerdoodle recipe on the healthier side without losing flavor. Enjoy these healthy snickerdoodle cookies with your afternoon coffee or a late night treat!
- 2 1/4 Cups Oat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Pureed Banana
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Apple Sauce
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, or lightly grease.
- In a bowl, whisk together oat flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using either a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or a hand mixer, beat the oil and sugar at medium high speed until light, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add apple sauce + bananas beating well after addition. Beat in vanilla extract. Scrape down sides of the bowl and beat 30 seconds more. At low speed, add the flour mixture and beat until just blended
- In a bowl, make topping by mixing cinnamon and sugar together.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour (or up to a week in the fridge.) Shape the cookie into 1 inch balls (about 1 tablespoon of dough.) Roll each ball into cinnamon sugar mixture to coat completely and arrange balls on the baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies one sheet at time, 12- 15 minutes until tops are crinkly and they are puffed and lightly browned around the edges. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Store cookies in your fridge to make them last longer + serve with coffee 🙂