Goo Free Pecan Pie
My Goo Free Pecan Pie is rich and decadent. I changed up this Southern classic by adding more pecans and less goo than the traditional. It's out-of-this-world!
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 9-inch pie crust deep dish, homemade or store-bought
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prick the pie crust with a fork then bake the empty pie crust for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven.
- While pie crust is baking, melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add honey, cream, and salt. Simmer for 1 minute. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour this pecan mixture into your pie crust and spread evenly.
- Bake the pie at 375 degrees F until much of the filling is bubbling in the center and crust is browned around the edges about 25 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container up to 7 days.