Instant Pot Split Pea Soup Recipe
This Instant Pot split pea soup recipe with ham is so easy to make and my kids love it! Throw it in your pressure cooker for 17 minutes and it's the perfect healthy soup made with dried peas that require no soaking beforehand. Fresh homemade split pea soup in less than 20 minutes flat used to be unheard of until now!
- 40 oz vegetable stock
- 2 c split peas dry, uncooked
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (more or less depending on preference)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 c ham diced
- Put your Instant Pot on saute and add your olive oil, onions and ham.
- Cook for a few minutes just so onions soften and ham juices come out a bit and add flavor to the rest of your soup.
- Add all other ingredients and stir well so salt dissolves (can wait and add salt at end if preferred).
- Put your lid on and close steam valve.
- Set to manual, pressure, high for 17 minutes.
- Allow to naturally release the steam for 5 minutes, then slowly release rest of steam.
- Stir and serve. The longer it sits the thicker it will become. Top with cheese if desired.