Mustard Chicken is a delicious main dish that is made with a handful of pantry ingredients. This easy recipe can be baked in the oven or grilled making it perfect all year long!
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil * omit for grilling method
- ½ cup yellow mustard
- 2 cloves garlic * minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar * or brown sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Season chicken with seasoned salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken in the hot skillet and sear for 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Whisk together mustard, garlic, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and apple cider vinegar until well blended. Reserve ¼ cup of the mixture.
- Place the seared chicken in a baking dish or on a broiler pan.
- Brush the tops of the chicken with the mustard sauce, then flip and brush the bottoms.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then re-apply the mustard sauce to both sides of the chicken.
- Bake another 10 minutes or until no longer pink in the center with an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve with additional, warmed mustard sauce, if desired.