One Pot Chicken and Broccoli Rice
Cheesy Rice with Chicken & Broccoli all made in ONE POT! This recipe is all about the yummy cheesy rice. Feel free to swap out the broccoli and chicken with whatever you have in the fridge.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups chicken broth/stock
- 1 cup milk full or low fat
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt + pepper
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese for stretch
- 1/2 cup cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese for flavor
- Florets of 1 small head of broccoli
- Heat oil in a skillet with a lid OR a large pot over high heat. Add garlic and onion, cook for 3 minutes until translucent.
- Add rice and stir until translucent. Add chicken broth, milk, salt, and pepper. Place lid on and turn down to medium-low.
- Cook for 8-12 minutes (or until the rice almost done), then add chicken then broccoli on top (don't stir), place the lid back on until liquid is evaporated and broccoli is just cooked (about 5 more minutes).
- Remove from stove. Scatter of cheese and place lid on again - residual heat will melt the cheese while the rice rests. Rest for 5 minutes then serve.