Pig Pickin’ Pie
A refreshing and easy pie made with crushed pineapple like the frosting of the classic Pig Pickin' Cake.
- 2 sleeves ritz crackers (approximately 60 crackers), crushed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 20-oz. can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup, undrained
- 1 5.1-oz. package (6-serving size) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 16-oz. carton cool whip, thawed
- Mix crackers, melted butter and sugar well then press firmly into the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish (or in the bottom and up the sides of 2 9-inch regular pie plates); set aside.
- Combine crushed pineapple (with syrup) and pudding mix in a large bowl and stir until mixed well. Fold in cool whip until all ingredients are well combined. Spoon pie filling evenly over crust(s).
- Cover and refrigerate 4-6 hours before serving.