SHEET PAN CHICKEN SHAWARMA
Take a trip to the Middle East, without leaving home, with this delicious sheet pan meal.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (2 thighs per person)
For the Marinade
- 1/2 cup Good Karma Plain Yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- Kosher salt
For the Relish
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
For the Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup Good Karma Plain Yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
For the Vegetables
- 1 1/2 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes, halved
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- 4 fresh pita rounds
- Tomato cucumber relish
- Yogurt sauce
- 1/2 to 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Lemon wedges for serving (optional)
- Place the yogurt, oil, cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, allspice, cayenne pepper, garlic, lemon zest and the juice from 2 of the lemons, and 2 teaspoons salt in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add the chicken, seal the bag and use your hands to make sure the chicken is well coated with the marinade. Refrigerated, for 12 to 24 hours.(See Cook's Notes)
- In a medium bowl, combine the cucumber, tomato, lemon juice, red onion, parsley, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl, cover and refrigerate.
Meat and Vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl toss the vegetables with the olive oil, cumin, and salt.
- Scatter the vegetables on the baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, then toss the potatoes and cauliflower with tongs to ensure they’re cooking evenly, nestle the chicken thighs into the vegetables, and return the pan to the oven for 20 minutes more until chicken and vegetables are cooked through (chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees). Allow the chicken to rest 5 minutes, then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- To make the wraps, warm the pita rounds in the microwave for about 30 seconds, then spread some hummus over each one, spoon about 2 or 3 tablespoons of relish, add the chicken shawarma, drizzle with yogurt sauce, top with feta cheese, and serve.
- The prep time is for the marinade. The longer it marinades, the better it will taste