SLOW COOKER BEEF AND BROCCOLI
This Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli recipe is better than take out! And you can make it in your Crock Pot–I’ll be making this all year long!
- 2 lbs. boneless beef check roast or steaks
- 1 can beef broth about 15 oz
- 1 C. low sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 C. dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 C. corn starch
- 4-5 C. broccoli florets fresh or frozen
- Serve with white rice I cooked two cups dry in my rice cooker and it was a great match
- Cut meat into thin strips, about 2 inches in length.
- Put beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and garlic into slow cooker and stir. Add meat.
- Cook on low for 3 hours (or high for 1 1/2).
- Remove 1/2 C. of the liquid and place into a small bowl and add cornstarch. Whisk unit smooth.
- Pour cornstarch mixture back into the crock pot and stir. This will thicken your sauce. Cook for another 30 minutes.
- At this time you can add your frozen broccoli to the crock pot (at the same time you add the cornstarch) or you can steam your broccoli separately in the microwave. If you steam or cook separately just stir them into the sauce before serving so they're covered in that saucy goodness.
- Serve on top of rice!