Taco Pot Pie
Taco Pot Pie combines two classics in one delicious dish! All the taco flavors you love in a flaky, buttery crust that's sure to become a new family favorite!
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust contains 2 crusts
- 1 lb. Simple Truth ground turkey
- 1/2 c. diced onions
- 2 1 oz. packages taco seasoning
- 1 c. water
- 1 15 oz. can Simple Truth corn, drained
- 1 15 oz. can Simple Truth black beans, drained
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar-jack cheese
- Press 1 crust into the bottom of a deep dish pie plate. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown ground turkey with diced onions until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add taco seasoning and water; bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Transfer turkey mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Add corn, black beans, tomatoes, green chilies, and cheese.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pie crust.
- Top with second pie crust and pinch edges to seal.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake OR bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Top with sour cream, cilantro, and salsa as desired.