The Salad to Bring When They Ask You To Bring a Salad
The Salad to Bring When They Ask You To Bring A Salad really IS the salad to bring to a dinner that friends are throwing....or to a dinner at your own house. The flavors and textures are well balanced and unforgettably delicious!
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped (approximately 2 T.)
- 2 T. white wine vinegar
- 1 T. maple syrup
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heads of Butter Lettuce (Romaine would be fine, too)
- 10 oz. spinach
- 1 c. pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 c. dried cherries (or craisins)
- 1/3 c. crumbled blue cheese
- Whisk together ingredients for vinaigrette in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Toss salad greens in a large bowl with vinaigrette, and sprinkle with nuts, dried fruit, and blue cheese.