Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
These Chicken Parmesan Meatballs are an Italian dinner that are ready in a snap. Seasoned meatballs with Panko crumbs for that crunch you crave with Chicken Parmesan. Serve over noodles with garlic bread and a salad for a delicious dinner.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs (and about 3/4 cup more breadcrumbs for rolling later)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons basil, torn (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, egg, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, Italian seasonings, salt, pepper, and red pepper. Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Roll half of the meatballs in Panko breadcrumbs and brown them on each side in the oil. Add more oil if needed as you go. Remove from the pan and set aside. Wipe out any Panko breadcrumbs and heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Roll the remaining meatballs in Panko breadcrumbs and brown on each side. Remove from pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour marinara sauce in the oven-safe skillet (or any baking dish will do) and place the meatballs on top of the sauce. Bake meatballs for 20 minutes sprinkling the mozzarella on top for the last 5 minutes of baking. Garnish with basil and serve over pasta.