Creamy Cucumber Pasta Salad
Creamy Cucumber Pasta Salad takes my favorite summer cucumber salad and turns it into a delicious meal. Loaded with tender pasta, crisp juicy cucumbers, fresh dill and sweet white onion, this dish will be the hit of every potluck!
- 1 long english cucumber
- 1/2 lb medium sized pasta (such as penne or rotini)
- 1/2 sweet white onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- pepper to taste
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Thinly slice onion and place in a bowl of cold water. (see note)
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Run under cold water to stop cooking.
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise and remove seeds using a spoon. Slice into thin slices.
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl. Let sit at least 40 minutes before serving.