EASY POACHED FISH IN TOMATO BASIL SAUCE
From freezer to table in under 30 minutes - you won't believe how incredibly tasty and delicious this Easy Poached Fish recipe really is!
- 4 -175g (6oz) frozen white fish fillets of your choice*
- 2 cups (425g | 15oz) cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- ½ cup (120ml) light chicken stock
- ¼ cup (60ml) dry white wine (or use more chicken stock)
- ½ tsp salt (I use Himalayan salt)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped (plus more for garnish)
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper in a saute pan set over medium heat; cook for 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes start to turn soft and start to blister.
- Add the chicken stock, white wine (if using), frozen fish fillets and chopped basil. Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until the fish is fully cooked.
- Sprinkle with an additional handful of chopped basil and serve over a bed of rice, couscous or quinoa, if desired.