Roasted Garlic and Asparagus Soup Recipe
Deliciously creamy, yet healthy and easy to make soup with roasted garlic and asparagus.
- 2 pounds asparagus , trimmed
- 10 garlic cloves , smashed (see notes about using less garlic)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup half & half, OR heavy cream, OR 2% milk
- cracked pepper and chopped parsley , for garnish
- shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish optional
- fresh lemon juice, optional
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Toss asparagus and garlic with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange asparagus and garlic on prepared baking sheet in one layer.
- Roast for 12 minutes, or until asparagus is soft, stirring once.
- Remove from oven and transfer asparagus and garlic to a blender.
- Add broth and half & half/cream/milk.
- Blend until smooth. Depending on how large your blender is, you might have to do this part in batches.
- Transfer soup to a soup pot.
- Warm soup over medium-high heat, thinning with more broth by 1/4 cupfuls, if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper. Continue to taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Ladle into bowls. (see notes for making ahead)
- Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, squeeze of lemon juice, and parsley; serve.