Slow Cooker Beef Vegetable Stew
Come home to warm comfort food! This vegetable beef stew is based on my mom’s wonderful recipe, but I adjusted it for the slow cooker. Add a sprinkle of Parmesan to each bowl for a nice finishing touch.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon browning sauce, optional
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- Place the beef, potatoes, water, carrots, soup, onion, celery, Worcestershire sauce, browning sauce if desired, bouillon granules, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 6-8 hours.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl until smooth; gradually stir into stew. Cover and cook on high until thickened, 30 minutes. Stir in peas; heat through.