Weight Loss Vegetable Soup Recipe
This Weight Loss Vegetable Soup Recipe is one of our favorites! Completely loaded with veggies and flavor and naturally low in fat and calories it’s the perfect lunch, snack or starter!
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 4 cups chopped cabbage approx. 1/4 head of cabbage
- 1 cup green beans 1″ pieces
- 2 whole bell peppers chopped
- 1 can 28 oz low sodium diced tomatoes
- 6 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon each thyme & basil
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- avatarFollow Spend with Pennies on Pinterest
- In a large pot cook onion & garlic over medium heat until slightly softened.
- Add carrots, cabbage & green beans and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in bell peppers, undrained tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, bay leaves and seasonings. Simmer 6-7 minutes.
- Add in zucchini & broccoli. Simmer an additional 5 minutes or until softened.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.