Healthy Blueberry Muffins
These healthy blueberry muffins are made with whole wheat flour and oatmeal for added nutrition, but they still taste as good as the original version!
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (I prefer white whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal (quick or rolled oats)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk (I use 1%)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup of blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the milk, egg, oil and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir just until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the coarse sugar.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.