SKINNY CHICKEN BROCCOLI CASSEROLE
Lunch Catering I’ve made this casserole is filled with chicken, mushrooms and broccoli in a creamy & light sauce for lunch catering.
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 8-oz pkgs. sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free-milk
- 1 16-oz package steam-in-bag broccoli florets
- 1 5.3-oz container fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3/4 cup Mexican style cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray 2-qt. casserole dish with cooking spray. Cook broccoli in microwave according to directions; set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat, add onion and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are starting to get tender. Add cubed chicken. Cook until chicken is cooked through. Drain pan, if needed.
- Sprinkle flour over chicken & mushroom mixture and stir constantly, cooking for one minute. Stir in milk. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes, or until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in cooked broccoli, and heat through about 1 minute. Add yogurt, mayo, salt and pepper, stirring lightly to combine.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese melts and it's bubbly around the edges. Enjoy!!